The referendum passing last November helped make 2018 a milestone year for MCPASD. Thanks to the generosity of our donors, 2018 was also a great year for the Education Foundation!
Among our 2018 highlights, the Foundation awarded:
- More than $20,000 in grants at both the district level and to individual schools
- $2,750 in scholarships to five graduating seniors
Also, the Foundation’s 2018 annual giving campaign brought in more than $22,000. These funds will help ensure that the Foundation can continue supporting MCPASD students, teachers and staff now and in the future.
This year, the Foundation is focused on equitable practices and supporting the district’s efforts to improve student achievement across all demographic groups.
Specifically, we’re focusing on three initiatives:
- Increasing the number of teachers of color in the district
- Funding participation for students in the national High School Summer Equity Institute program
- Providing performing arts experiences to students and increasing participation by underrepresented groups
To learn more about our 2018 achievements and 2019 focus areas, download the 2018 Impact Report: http://bit.ly/EFImpactReport2018.
Thank you to all the donors who contributed to the Foundation’s work in 2018! We look forward to continuing to work together to make an impact on MCPASD in 2019 and beyond.
To donate to the Foundation, use the link on our donations page or mail a check to MCPASD Education Foundation, c/o Perry Hibner, 7106 South Avenue, Middleton, WI 53562. Thank you!